Want to understand the mystery of “MailChimp for WP”? You’ve come to the right place. Welcome to Boston Seo Services – Digital Marketing‘s article! Let’s get started!
Well.. Everyone starts small. But with the right resources, you can execute big plans.
MailChimp’s robust marketing automation makes sure your emails get to the right people at the right time. Target customers based on behavior, preferences, and previous sales. MailChimp began as a paid service and added a freemium option in 2009. MailChimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service.
As a first step, you will need to set up a free MailChimp account. For that, simply go to the MailChimp website and click Sign Up Free in the upper right corner. Enter an email address, user name, and password, and click Create My Account.
- Click “Create A List”
- Enter necessary information
- List Name: Put in something that makes sense. This will show up for your subscribers as well, so don’t go for “suckers I’m gonna make money off” but rather “[your website] [Boston Seo Services – Digital Marketing] newsletter” or something similar.
- “From” Email: The address entered here shows up in your recipient’s inbox as the sender. Use something official like “[email protected]”.
- “From” Name: Again, this appears in the inbox. Either go with your actual name or say something like “[your website] [Boston Seo Services – Digital Marketing] Newsletter.”
- Reminder How They Got on Your List: People are forgetful. Before they report you as spam, let them know how they signed up for your service.
- Your Information: Your info will show up at the end of each email and is to distinguish spam and legitimize your email, so make sure your info is correct.
- Notifications: Here you can choose how MailChimp will tell you about the activity of your list. This is in addition to detailed analytics. Choose what you feel necessary.
- From the main Audience page, choose Forms on the left.
- Create a new signup or click the name of the signup form that you’d like to edit.
- On the next screen, click Edit in the top-right.
- Click the “Your image here” box to upload your logo.
- Edit the message to add a custom welcome note.
- Decide which fields of information to collect by deselecting hide beside any you want to be visible. Mark a field required to make filling it out mandatory.
- Set the order of display for your fields by adjusting the numbers to the left of the fields.
- Decide which groups you want new subscribers to be added to by clicking on the add or remove groups button to the right of your audience fields.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the form. You can also adjust the signup name in the About this signup section at the top.
- From the main Audience page, select Add this to your site from the options menu to the right of the signup form’s name. You’ll see the block of code that lets you link to your signup form from any page of your website.
- Once your signup form is created, it will automatically appear anytime someone clicks the signup link at the bottom of your mailings.
Add the Form to Your Website
Getting a MailChimp signup form onto your WordPress site can be done in several ways:
- Via Plugin: In my opinion, this is the easiest way. Install the MailChimp for WordPress plugin, enter the MailChimp API key, and follow the easy step-by-step guide. A working knowledge of CSS might not be the worst idea for this approach.
- Manually: In the MailChimp backend under Signup Forms > Embedded forms you can also create HTML to paste anywhere in your WordPress website.
- Other: Additional solutions for MailChimp integration exist, such as WP Popup Plugin or SumoMe.
How to add Google Analytics to your form
- Click on the name of the form you want to edit.
- Click on the Track it tab.
- From there, add your Google Analytics ID.
- Click Save in the top-right (where you clicked to edit).
This is an advanced feature and is recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a MailChimp Expert if you need assistance.
MORE: It’s time to celebrate your success in installing MailChimp for WP ( well done!), and also America’s canine companions on National Dog Day.
Still looking around? What are you looking for? If you contact us, maybe we can help. Simply email us. We like to help people, whether they’re curious about a technical SEO issue, ranking troubles, marketing automation, or anything else related to SEO and inbound marketing.
Want To Grow Your Business? Get In Touch
Author Corina Ciobotaru
Be excellent to each other.
Boston SEO Services – Digital Marketing ®